Thursday, January 12, 2012

"Anti Theft System Problems on 2006 Cadillac CTS V6 2.8L"

Black 2006 Cadillac CTS V6 2.8L Left View

I am currently owned an 2006 Cadillac CTS V6 2.8L Base with 59000 miles. I have been having problems with the car for the past couple of months with the “Anti Theft System” messages that is displayed on my radio. Since this messages popped out on the vehicle about three months ago several of the accessories of car have stop working which include the following:
1. Temp gauge- No Readings
2. Gas gauge- No Readings
3. AC Compressor- No Cold Air just blowing air
4. Cruise Control-Not Functional
5. No reverse lights- Not sure if it ties with this as well but I am under the impression that it is
6. No readings on the car radio of the car stats- Miles p/gl, Miles left, Gallons Left, etc.
This thing has me very frustrated already as the city I live temperatures raise up to 110 F and no air condition is horrible, and worse staying without fuel because I’ll forget to count miles, or even worse not knowing the temperature on the vehicle have risen; which lead my car to some heating up problems which I fixed (Broken radiator)
If anybody knows or has gone thru this please help me.
Answer: It sounds like the battery was disconnected or went dead and the radio lost power thus it is asking for the security code. You should be able to enter the code and solve all problems, but the reverse light. These are the most likely bad light bulbs

No comments:

Post a Comment