Wednesday, April 25, 2012

"1996 Volkswagen Jetta GL Brakes System Problems"

1996 Volkswagen Jetta GL

I have a serious problems with my 1996 Volkswagen Jetta GL brakes system.  Here’s what happened. I was driving and got off the exit ramp and pressed my brakes and they went all the way to the floor while slowing me down minimally. If I am going about 50 and press the brakes to the floor it only slows me down to around 40 or so…it feels like the brakes aren’t even there. I have taken the tires off…compressed the calipers…flushed out the system and bled the shiiit out of the brakes. But same problem still happened.
When I am bleeding it with the car off…it feels very very tight. While I was bleeding them and had someone in the car pumping the brakes I could see that they were actually compressing, but while driving I still have no brakes.
What is wrong with my 1996 Volkswagen Jetta GL brakes system? If you need any other details let me know. I really need to get this figured out. By the way, no visible leaks, no loss of fluid, and no brakes even when I pump the hell out of them going down the road. What do you think?

Answer: It sounds like the master cylinder,they will develop leaks internally so that instead of pushing the fluid out to the 4 wheels it just circulates inside the master giving the symptoms you describe.

No comments:

Post a Comment