Thursday, April 19, 2012

"How Often 2001 Subaru Legacy Sedan Needs Oil Change"

2001 Subaru Legacy Sedan

On my last oil change, I replace natural oil from my 2001 Subaru Legacy sedan with synthetic oil. My question is, how often do I need to change oil and the filter for my 2001 Subaru Legacy?

Answer: Every engine is in different condition. If you really want to know how long you can go between changes, you need to have an oil analysis done by someplace like Blackstone Labs. It’s cheap and they will give you a detailed printout of what’s in the oil and how long you could go with it. Otherwise just use the manufacturers recommendation. They do way more research then anyone here so don’t listen to online advice. It’s not their car they don’t really care. Just because I go 6000 miles between changes, doesn’t mean your car will like the same. If you don’t know how to see over time what interval works for your engine, listen to Subaru.

No comments:

Post a Comment