Monday, July 9, 2012

"How To Replace Radiator on 2002 Ford Focus Zetec 1.6L"

White 2002 Ford Focus Zetec 1.6L

I have an 2002 Ford Focus Zetec 1.6L and I need to replace my exhaust (not sure if part or all of it) and my radiator. Are they easy to replace? I have been quoted £300 for just the radiator, and it’s not worth spending that amount of money on the car!

Answer: The radiator is more fiddly than difficult to remove, there is limited space but if you take your time there is no reason why you cannot do it yourself. Remember after replacing the radiator to bleed the air that will now be in the cooling system. The best way to do this is to push a water hose into the top radiator pipe and turn the water on until the water runs air free out of the top of the radiator. And a Ford Focus radiator should only cost about £60 and a full exhaust less than £200.

No comments:

Post a Comment