Monday, September 17, 2012

"1990 Honda Prelude Engine Suddenly Turn Off and Won’t Start"

1990 Honda Prelude Engine

I was driving my 1990 Honda Prelude couple days ago and it suddenly jolted and quickly turned off, while I was driving. Since then I have been trying to figure out why it won’t start. I tried jumping the car but it will only turn and turn, but never start. I replaced the main relay some time ago, and just recently tried replacing the ignition coil thinking it was getting any spark. Still nothing. My other theory is it’s not getting any fuel, possibly fuel filter or pump? Can anybody help me out, im stuck on this one. Thanks

Answer: It sounds like the timing belt. If you checked for spark and you find there is fuel pressure, you should probably have the position of the cams checked as it sounds like your belt jumped.

No comments:

Post a Comment