Friday, September 14, 2012

"2006 Ford Focus: Question About Replacing Radiator"

2006 Ford Focus Top View

I recently removed my radiator from my 2006 Ford Focus. It was very damaged from an accident and I bought a used one from a junk yard for 15$. They had a 70% off sale, just to let you know I didn’t just take a cheap one. The problem I have is that the radiator has 2 extra hose pipes on the left side, one in the middle and a smaller one on the top. My original radiator did not have these pipes. Can I plug them both with a hose? Or do I run a hose from the middle pipe to the top pipe? I filled my radiator with water and noticed water ran out from the middle pipe, not the top pipe. What should I do?

Answer: If I were intent to use this radiator, I would find out what they ports were for. It might be a dual chamber radiator and one hose goes to the port you had plugged and the other hose goes to one of the ports you don’t have plugged.

No comments:

Post a Comment