Sunday, January 27, 2013

"Is The Brake Pedal Pressure on 2010 Honda Civic Supposed to Vary?"

2010 Honda Civic

I have a 2010 Honda Civic and I noticed that when pushing down the brake pedal, the pressure sometimes isn’t consistent. Like it might be normal harder pressure when first pressing down, but then as I slow and brake further the pressure drops a bit and becomes easier to push down. Is this normal? I also notice this on my old car which was a 2003 toyota solara, but only after I had brake problems. It seems too much of a coincidence to have the same problem on two cars so I’m wondering if I just never noticed it before.
Answer: Sounds like a master cylinder. Usually when one of those is going out, you will step on the brakes and there will be pressure at first, and then the pressure will slowly release, and the pedal will get softer until you get to the floor. Doesn’t seem right though on a 2010, so it’s hard to say. But it sounds like a typical brake master cylinder going bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment