Monday, January 30, 2012

"2000 Honda Accord: The Rear Bumper Slowly Shifting Downward"

Red 2000 Honda Accord Rear Left View

Has anyone ever had a problem with their 2000 Honda Accord rear bumper? In recent months, I noticed that my back bumper is very slowly shifting downward. The space/crack between the bumper and actual back part of the car is getting wider. I’m wondering if I might have a problem with whatever holds the back bumper on. Has anyone ever noticed this on their Honda? Is this normal for an aging car? Any ideas about this problem? Thanks.
Answer: I’ll be willing to bet you that your rear frame has some type of crack in it. Try looking at the rear of your frame (should be two metal frames that your car rests on), see if there is any cracks. Is it bolted on? riveted on? You might have to weld your frame back up or it could be the mounts are deteriorating. Hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment