Thursday, January 12, 2012

"2003 Dodge Stratus: Hot Smoke Keep Coming Out From The Radiator"

2003 Dodge Stratus Engine Compartment

 I have a 2003 Dodge Stratus that has had radiator problems for about 6 months now. I have to put water/coolant in my car everyday, and if I drive more than 25 miles or so, the water light comes on and completely over heats. So when I pull over to turn it off, the radiator starts bring out a lot of smoke everywhere. There is a small crack in the top of my radiator, but I have had it welded about 3 months ago, and it doesn’t look like that’s where the smoke is coming from. What should I do? Should I just break down and buy a new radiator? But what if its something else?
Answer: You really need to replace the radiator in it, because if you don’t and you get the engine hot enough you will do permanent damage to the engine in the car then it wont be worth fixing.It better if you get a new radiator for it, any advance auto parts can order a brand new one with a life time warranty on it for you and their not that expensive either. If you don’t replace it your going to harm the engine and then it will cost a lot more to get it repaired than a new radiator will cost. Those are good cars and will last but they wont withstand getting hot, that will ruin it, you may already have damage to it and not know it, good luck with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment