Tuesday, February 14, 2012

"2006 BMW 320d: Smoke Coming Out From The Exhaust"

2006 BMW 320d Exhaust

I just had an 2006 BMW 320d model which has done 42,000km, I have notice when I am driving sometimes I see smoke coming out of the exhaust for a while and stops coming. Is it a fault? Please I need help.
Answer: If you see white smoke it’s most likely normal. Just a little steam, probably because it’s cold outside. If you see grayish smoke and smell unburnt diesel or hot coolant, you might have a problem. I owned a E90 320d for 1 year, and my turbo broke. It was somehow leaking water into the intake manifold. The result was coolant loss, hot coolant smell and slight loss of power. If you see black smoke, than you might need to change your exhaust particle filter – or carbon filter (just above the catalyst).

No comments:

Post a Comment