Sunday, April 15, 2012

"2001 Mercedes Benz A Class: How Much Cost for Reprogrammed The ECU"

Silver 2001 Mercedes Benz A Class Front Side View

Please can someone tell me how much it ought to cost me approximately to have my ECU reprogrammed or replaced in my Mercedes Benz A Class (UK sterling please)? I have an 2001 Mercedes A Class, which was diagnosed a year and a half ago by Mercedes as having a faulty ECU, after going on their diagnostics machine. At the time they quoted over £800 for a new one but there was no way I was going to pay that! I’ve struggled with it ever since but it really does need fixing now. Can anyone help?

Answer: If you have a local Lucas UK branch in your area, it may be worth talking to them. Lucas UK have a dedicated branch for ECU repairs. Your local branch will be able to send it off for you. You will loose your car for a week or more though. Before you let anyone send it away for you get some idea of maximum price from them. This is so you do not receive a shock.
Had you thought of getting one from a breakers yard (there are some good breakers specializing in Mercedes – check the net). I do not like second hand bits but at £800.00 for a new one then needs must. A second hand unit will need to be programmed into your car. This is a job that only Mercedes (or a good garage/auto electrician) can do. Before you go down the route of secondhand phone around locally for price of programming in secondhand ECU to your car.

No comments:

Post a Comment