Monday, July 9, 2012

"2000 Ford Focus ZTS: Repairing Radiator Problems"

2000 Ford Focus ZTS Engine

My 2000 Focus ZTS just started leaking coolant. The leak seems to be somewhere between the passenger side and middle of the radiator but I can’t actually see it. It’s just dripping from the frame under the radiator. The leak gets worse when the engine gets hot and all the hoses and clamps look OK so I suspect the radiator is bad. Are there any online instructions for removing and repairing a radiator in an 2000 Ford Focus? I’d rather try this myself if possible and not go to a dealer or shop (if it’s a simple weekend job for a handy do-it-yourselfer). Thanks.

Answer: I have found Fords radiators to be pretty easy to access. Take a look first to see if you can access all the hardware that keeps it in place. My vote is if your mildly handy and you have a few minutes of patience just try it. Make sure you have the proper tools and extensions necessary to reach all those tight bolts. I have faith in you good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment