Friday, September 14, 2012

"Does The Rear Axle on 2006 Ford Mustang Acceptable to 2005 Mustang GT?"

2006 Ford Mustang Rear Axle

I have 2005 Ford Mustang GT and couple days ago I had an accident. After the accident my axle is crooked. My friend told me that it’s gonna be much better to buy new one rather then just fix the axle. I live in Georgia (it’s a country) and there is only 5 Mustang cars of my model exists, I’ve found that it’s very expensive if I carried out from USA. Recently I have found here 2006 Ford Mustang wich is half car very damaged but the axle is OK and I wonder does that axle will fit mine as that is Base 4.0 and mine is GT 4.6. Thanks, Zura in Georgia.

Answer: The GT has a different sized rear end. There were four different rear ends used. Two different sizes. The GT model (US) had a 8.8 inch rear end and the base model a 7.5 inch rear end. Both came (US) with or with out ABS. I guess that the rear members are bent, which are easier to get and there are after market up-grades state side to decrease weight and improve handling. But to answer your question, it should be a direct bolt in. But there is a reason that the GT has a 8.8 and not the 7.5. The 7.5 may not hold up to your style of driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment