Sunday, January 13, 2013

"1999 Mercedes Benz CLK 320 Convertible Top Went Out"

Black 1999 Mercedes Benz CLK 320

Hey all, recently my convertible top went out. (luckily the up and over position) and I cant figure out what is keeping it from working properly. I really don’t know where to begin to fix this problem without bringing it to the DEALERSHIP…
Basically from what I can trouble shoot myself the motor is not out. I can hear it trying to do its job. Windows go down when top is unlatched in front. The sensor light on the control panel is blinking.
Does anyone know of any other COMPONENTS I can check?
Are there fuses that can be burnt out? If so where would they be?
I really appreciate any advice. These cars have to much going on for something that should be an easy fix…Thank you…
Answer: hydraulic oil – there may be a leak or a valve fails to open (or it is not being opened because of sticking sensor or…).
The only way is to hook up the diagnostic computer and retrieve the fault codes from the electronic module that controls the soft top. Further checking would rely on the actual values of sensors and switched that are connected to the electronic module.
Therefore there’s not much of the DIY that could be performed to bring it back to life, i’m afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment