Tuesday, January 22, 2013

"Best Muffler Choise for 1995 Honda CX Hatchback"

1995 Honda CX Hatchback

I have a 1995 Honda Civic Hatchback CX. I’m running 2 1/2 piping, what’s the best muffler I should go with? I was thinking Magnaflow, but I’m not sure.
Answer: Well, terms for “best” is very relative. If the car were mine and I needed a new muffler because of damage, then I’d keep my eyes open for a used OE piece.

If my Honda exhaust had no problems but I still had tons of mods in mind, I’d hold off on the exhaust (and possibly keep my eyes open for the unit I’d be interested in).
If the car were coming together or I was looking for a rare unit I’d probably keep my eyes open for a Honda Access unit, Mugen or Spoon Sports.
It really depends on the volume you’re looking for, the fitment (some swaps might change the length and piping size) and the style you’re looking for. It took me years to figure out the one I wanted and unfortunately that one is just about impossible to find. So I had to settle for second best. Turns out I’m pretty thrilled about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment