Wednesday, January 2, 2013

"Problems with The Headlight on 1998 Nissan Sentra"

Black 1998 Nissan Sentra

We have problems with our 1998 Nissan Sentra headlight’s, when I turn the switch I have no low beam’s or high beam’s. When I push it forward to lock to high beam’s. However when I pull the signal switch back as to flash the high beam’s I have high beam’s  When I cut the car off and turn the switch back to turn the light’s off. The park light’s always stay on. I had to unplug the battery terminal. Does this switch work off a fuse and if so which fuse is it? Please help me here.
Answer: If your problem was a fuse or a headlamp relay none of the lights would work. It would cut all power past the fuse and you’d have no lights to do anything. It sounds like the ignition dimmer switch assembly which is located inside the steering column of your Nissan  It’s a multifunction switch controls all your lights and in some models the windshield wipers and windshield wiper fluid. They are expensive on these sentras.
Go to (www.partsamerica.com) search for ignition dimmer switch and a list of them will come up. This will give you an idea of the cost of the part and how fast you can get one too. Good luck.
For some cheap auto parts see the link below

No comments:

Post a Comment