Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"How To Close The Sunroof by Manually on 1990 BMW 525i"

Sunroof Problems on 1990 BMW 525i

Recently I have been having trouble with the sunroof on my 1990 BMW 525i, it just won’t close properly. I was told there is a manual way to close the sunroof. Can someone give me a clue on what to do, and if I can close the sunroof manually?
Answer: Remove the sliding roof motor cover. Look at the round area where the motor inserts into and you will find a small hole where an allen wrench can be used to turn the gears and either open or close the sunroof glass. The original tool pack that comes with the car has this wrench. If not available then just get something that can turn the gearing (it can be stiff, but try to turn it first one way then the other if it does not move the first time). Professional mechanics use a ratchet wrench with a 1/4 drive socket with allen end.

No comments:

Post a Comment