Thursday, January 12, 2012

"How To Fix Electric Motor Mount Problems on 2003 Nissan Murano"

2003 Nissan Murano Engine Compartment

Recently the two electric motor mounts on my 2003 Nissan Murano are making noises when I either put it in gear or turn off the ignition. Is this dangerous for my computer if I don’t change the parts? The dealership is asking $1500 CAD to replace the parts and labor. Unfortunately it is not coverring by my warranty. They also said they could simply disable the mounts but the check engine light would always be on. How would they do this? Can I do this?
Answer: Follow the wires from the mounts to the two brown plugs and just un plug them, I do not think the check engine light will turn on. Shorted mounts could dammage the engine control computer. Changing the expensive mounts is difficult as the sub-frame has to be removed. And try calling Nissan, say your husband was thinking about buying a new Titan truck but this problem with your Murano has you worried thinking Toyota instead. But if they would replace your mounts free or at a big discount it might work if you have a good service history and under 60,000 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment