Wednesday, February 22, 2012

"1989 GMC Safari Van: Power Steering Fluid Problems"

1989 GMC Safari Van Custom View

My 1989 GMC Safari van is making that low pitch grinding sound when I turn the wheel, I know I need sum power steering fluid. I bought sum but I don’t see where to put it. I know it seems stupid that I don’t know, but I check everything under the hood, all I seen was the brake fluid, trans fluid, oil, antifreeze, and the soap box for the wind shield. I don’t see any thing that say power steering fluid on it, and I don’t have the car manual, so can somebody help me here? Thanks.
Answer: I had a 1989 Chevy Astro Van, which is the same as a GMC Safari. Under the hood on the Drivers side, look just above the steering box. You’ll see the power steering pump buried underneath Battery cables and other things. You have to have a funnel with a long hose on it to put fluid in the reservoir, not unless you are good at putting fluid in by hitting the hole. You might have to look behind the radiator shroud to see it. It’s not easy. It is a pain in the butt. It is on the drivers side under the hood. Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment