Monday, March 12, 2012

"2002 Buick Rendezvous CXL: Grinding Noise Problems When Make an U-Turns"

2002 Buick Rendezvous CXL Right Side View

I have a 2002 Buick Rendezvous CXL that I recently purchased, and overall the car is in sound condition, but when I make U-turns or sharp left/right turns, there is a pretty loud grinding noise that I hear. Also, the AWD Disabled light flashes as well as the anti-lock brake light. I had diagnostics done on the vehicle, and they said I need a new Body Control Module (which I know has nothing to do with the grinding noise or the warning lights), a front right hub bearing, and new rear differential fluid. I changed the hub, but I still have the grinding, and I will be changing the rear diff fluid tomorrow, but I don’t know if it will solve anything.
Also, I need new brake pads, and the tread on the front tires is pretty low. I don’t know if any of this may contribute to my problem.

Answer: If it sounds like a moan or groan, it’s most likely coming from the differential. You have to drain all the fluid, drive 10 miles, drain it and refill it. The fluid is wore out and needs to be changed. There is a TSB on this at the Buick dealership.

No comments:

Post a Comment