Sunday, March 11, 2012

"2010 Toyota Camry GPS Having Problems on Freeways"

2010 Toyota Camry GPS View

My 2010 Toyota Camry GPS won’t go on freeways. I don’t know why, and please don’t tell me to call my car dealership. I bought this car last year. Can someone please tell me how to make it go on freeways? I’m planning trip to San Francisco and for some reason it doesn’t on on freeways. I tried driving on the freeway, but it always tells me to take the next exit.

Answer: There must be something wrong with the unit if, after you set up your trip it fails to guide you. GPS units have many options when you set up navigation. Make sure you haven’t got it programmed to avoid freeways.
I know the Owner’s manual is big , but it is big because it has the answers to all your questions in it. If you find that you have followed all the directions correctly and the GPS is not working, they owe you a new one. Also, see that the unit is loaded with the latest maps. Updates can be expensive and if later map versions should already be in your GPS only buy them if it’s absolutely necessary. That warranty is good for years and years. There are some places in San Francisco that satellite reception is bad because of the tall buildings blocking them. The unit should tell you when it has lost satellite reception. Before you leave the driveway, you should review the directions on MapView in your GPS. Nothing takes the place of the human brain. There will be times you know you’re doing the right thing and the GPS says do something else. Do what you are sure is right. The GPS will recalculate. I have had times when my GPS (not a built-in) will try to direct me to one freeway when I want to use a different one. I do what I want and the GPS will reset to do it my way after a recalculation.
Between the San Francisco Bay Area and Leavenworth, Washington, my GPS made two mistakes, but quickly recalculated to correct them. Down near Anaheim it took me off the freeway and back on at the next entrance. Going to Keystone, Colorado, It told me I was there, but I was 70 miles away, but resetting the GPS to Loveland Pass, it got me right to where I wanted to be. When you make a wrong turn, the GPS will get you back on course before you go miles off.

No comments:

Post a Comment