Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"The Best Way To Drain The Fuel Tank on 1999 Dodge Ram Diesel Truck"

Black 1999 Dodge Ram Diesel Truck

I need to drain my fuel tank on my 1999 Dodge Ram diesel truck and do not know how exactly to go about it. It has a plastic tank and a mechanic told me not to let the fuel pump pump it out when I remove the filter because it would burn up the pump.
Answer: The fuel pump on your vehicle, or another hooked up to the line on the tank is probably your only option. The filler neck is equipped with a rollover valve that won’t let a hose pass to siphon.
NOTE: The pump runs continually when the engine is running, so it will not burn up pumping out the tank. You may have to get a battery charger to hook up to your battery to keep it from running down.

No comments:

Post a Comment