Sunday, April 1, 2012

"2000 BMW 528iT: The ABS Warning Light Problems"

White 2000 BMW 528iT Right Side View

My 2000 BMW 528iT has a big problem. It started with the ABS and “Traction Control” warning lights came ON. Then I noticed the speedometer started to work part time only. It works mostly when the car is cold. Then it may stop after a few minutes of driving. However, it may work again at any time with no reason. The “check engine” light also came ON and OFF but not sync. with the stop and go speedometer.
My mechanic tried to change the “Cranshaft Sensor” and did not fix the problem. Then he changed the 4 ABS Speed Sensors (one on each wheel). The problem is still there. What is the real cause of the problems?

Answer: Most likely, it’s the DSC Controller. It’s a $900 part, unfortunately. I had to replace mine on my 1999 BMW 540i. Very similar symptoms to yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment