Sunday, April 1, 2012

"Some Tips on How To Service The 1993 BMW 325i"

1993 BMW 325i Front View

Hi I have just bought an 1993 BMW 325i car, I live in Bahrain and the summers are quite harsh here. I want to get my cars serviced once for satisfaction. I would like to know after how many kilometers I should get the car serviced. Also what are the things I should consider the most for service. I have noticed some black liquid on the top of engine where there is a cap, what about that. Can I put mineral water instead of coolant if in emergency or no. Kindly help me with all that. Rest the car is working perfectly fine I just wanna have service tips for BMW as this is my 1st beemer. Thanks and regards.

Answer: BMW 325i’s are very reliable cars when they are well-cared for. The information I’m looking at says that BMWs made in the early 90s require what BMW calls and “Inspection I” at least every 10,000 Miles, according to factory specifications. This service includes changing the oil and oil filter, and possibly the air filter.
What service you should perform now also depends on what was last performed by the prior owner. The best bet for keeping the car tip-top is to take it to a BMW expert and have them service your car based on what was most recently done and what it appears to need. The oil leak on the engine is definitely a concern.
I wouldn’t recommend mineral water–distilled water is best, or at least clean water with low mineral content in an emergency, but maintaining the right coolant mix is very important. BMW’s are sensitive, high-performance cars, and investing in maintenance will save big bucks in the long haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment