Thursday, May 31, 2012

"How To Remove The Front Seat Headrest on 2003 Cadillac Escalade"

2003 Cadillac Escalade Headrest

I have 2003 Cadillac Escalade, and I need to know how to remove the headrest of the front seat so I can install a new headrest. Does anyone know how to do it? Thanks.

Answer: Okay, I will try to help you. Please remove the screws in the base plate that bolts to the seat, and remove the whole thing. Some aren’t designed to come out without removing these screws, and removing the plate too. The plate acts as a stop, and removing both will let it come out completely without damage to anything. The answer about the paper clip may be correct, but I have never seen this before. I’m not saying it wouldn’t work, but I have never seen one come out this way. Look at the new ones, and this should be a clue as to how they work. If the bottom is spring loaded, then you will have to remove the whole thing to unload the springs.
Glad to help out, Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment