Thursday, May 31, 2012

"Tires on 2005 Cadillac CTS – Wearing Out Prematurely Problems"

2005 Cadillac CTS V Rear Front View

I am going through tires on my 2005 Cadillac CTS way too. At 32,000 miles, I am about to the end of life on my 2nd set. I have rotated them religiously, at 5000 mile (or less) intervals. My tire dealer says the way the car is “set up” it scrubs the tires, my Caddy dealer, while not refuting that, says there is nothing they can do, faulty design. Anyone else having an issue with this? Anybody challenged Gen Motors with any success?

Answer: Sounds like BS to me. I do alignments on all makes of vehicles. Most car manufacturers allow way too much leeway on their alignment specs. Find a very good alignment shop and they can adjust the car for better steering ,handling, performance and tire wear. Sometimes the specs provided by the car maker are out to lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment