Tuesday, August 14, 2012

"Electrical Problems on 2001 Subaru Legacy Outback"

2001 Subaru Legacy Outback

When I was driving my 2001 Legacy Outback wagon with lights, heater, wipers, and CDs. Battery and brake warning lights came. After a couple of miles to other warning lights come in, start tachometer and speedometer at all, low lighting, windshield wipers stopped the car and died. Adjusted for about an hour after and drove about 4 miles with all dead and again. Repeated again and came home. You are removing the alternator and checked out fine. Subaru mechanic, I suggested changing the battery. I have and still battery light and brake. What could be my problem?

Answer: To me it sounds like a classic case of a failing alternator. You need a long time after the battery had been selected? I think it is having the same problem again soon over when they change to the generator.

No comments:

Post a Comment