Thursday, October 4, 2012

"Advisable Tires Pressure – 2003 Audi A3 Sport"

Audi Silver A3 Sport Front View

I have an Audi A3 2003 sport -1.6. I changed the original alloys to replica 5-arm (RS4′s I think they call them?) which are 17″ (so were the originals). At first it felt like the back of the car was driving on ice. Until I took it to the petrol station air/tire machine. It read 36psi all round. I then changed to 32psi. This then stopped the ‘driving on ice’ motion which made the car feel like I didn’t have much control-especially on corners. However, the ride isn’t the best, feels unsettled. But is ok on humps.

Answer: When you changed the tire size, you also changed the suspension and handling characteristics. I would highly recommend going back to the original tires you’ll thank me for it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment