Wednesday, February 22, 2012

"1995 GMC Truck 1500: Power Steering Problems"

1995 GMC Truck 1500 Front View

I have a 1995 GMC truck 1500 was told the power steering was going bad how would I check it? When I drive it it pulls to the right and when I put the breaks on as well ? I was told to turn it of in a straight away and if it still did it was the power steering box? Can any one help me out? Thanks a lot.
Answer: Take it to a Front End Shop for an inspection. You might have a wheel alignment problem and/or a tire problem. You could have what is called a radial tire pull which means that one of the two front tires is defective causing the vehicle to pull in one direction. One way to see if it is in a tire is to swap the two front tires side to side and then test drive it and if you get any change in the pull, like it will pull in the opposite direction ,then you know that it is a defective tire. If not then take it in for an alignment. GOOD LUCK !! I have 20 years as a manager for an alignment / brake shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment