Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"2001 Dodge Caravan: Need to Replacing The Rear Wiper Motor"

Red 2001 Dodge Caravan Front Left Side View

Recently, my rear wiper in my 2001 Dodge Caravan stopped working. It was a gradual death, it would work slowly sometimes, and then just eventually didn’t move at all anymore. Do I need to replace the motor, and how can I check to see if I can repair the motor?

Answer: Motor needs to be replaced, it is a common problem on just about every GM and Chrysler SUV and Minivans. Try to find a used one on www.car-part.com it will be much cheaper than new. You should be able to move the wiper arm slowly if the motor is good. I should have added before to check for power at the connector on the motor to be sure it isn’t a switch or wiring, but it is a very very common problem to have a bad wiper motor on this and many other vehicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment