Tuesday, April 10, 2012

"1994 Honda Civic EX: Question About The ECU"

White 1994 Honda Civic EX Front View

What ecu came with an 1994 Honda Civic EX? Trying to figure out what ecu came with the Honda Civic ex, it’s a D16z6, because one of my friends that I bought the car from might have gave me the wrong ecu, I think I’m suppose to have the P28 but he said he gave me the right ecu.

Answer: Okay let me break it down for you,
Yes the P28 does come stock in the 92-95 Civic Si (hatchback) or 92-95 Civic Ex (sedan/coupe). But you need to make sure you get a manual version of the ECU, because there is a automatic P28 as well.
Honda ECU #’s are like this,
37820-P28-A01 (or similar)
Honda’s part number for ECU, which is always 37820.
Three characters (which are loosely related to the model of car/engine). e.g P28.
Three characters (which are the revision of the ECU) e.g. A01 or G52.
Middle 3 Numbers ID which ECU it is.
The last 3 characters are broken down into 3 parts. “A” generally is used for US ECU’s. “G” is European, and “J” is Japanese. There are other versions of this, but you get the idea. The second digit “0″ typically means manual transmission, where a “5″ means automatic transmission, and the last digit “1″ is the version number. So A01 would mean “A” US “0″ manual transmission and “1″ would be the first version of this ECU.

No comments:

Post a Comment