Tuesday, April 10, 2012

"2007 Hyundai Tucson: Rear Break Pads Change Suggestion"

Silver 2007 Hyundai Tucson Front View

I only have 36,000.00 thousand miles on my 2007 Hyundai Tucson and I took it to the dealer for an Oil change. Then they informed me that I need to change the rear break pads. About 3 days later I heard a loud screech. Is this the correct millage to replace my rear breaks? And would I benefit from have all four replaced at one time or should I just get the rear replaced for now?

Answer: You should only replace the brakes as needed, so just do the rear at this time if the front are OK. I don’t know the lifespan of these rear pads, but it’s not uncommon to see rear brakes wear out sooner than the fronts, and even at this mileage. Actually, Hyundai are making the pads out of softer materials and the pads are smaller too, so they wear out quickly. Ask the shop to not the pad thickness. They should be replaced when they’re at around 3-4mm.

No comments:

Post a Comment