Monday, July 30, 2012

"Lexus Car Navigation and GPS Upgrade Software Question"

2011 Lexus IS250 GPS

Are there any generic forms of Toyota / Lexus car navigation or GPS upgrade software? I know upgrades on Toyota GPS software are all over the internet as torrents, but I’d rather acquire my upgrade legally. However, I don’t want to pay hundreds for the official CD/DVD, so would anyone happen to know of any software like that’s pretty much like the Linux version of Windows or the Open Office version of Microsoft Office only for Toyota’s GPS Navigation System?

Answer: I would be weary about trying, I do know that if you put the wrong program DVD in the navigation unit it will basically fry it. I work at a Toyota dealership and its happened a couple of times before. My work sells the new updates for 200 which yes its kinda high, but better than the chance of messing up your unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment