Thursday, July 5, 2012

"The Reason Why Your 2004 Chevrolet Ventura Got A Shaking On The Engine"

Black 2004 Chevrolet Ventura

I have a 2004 Chevrolet Venture 3.4 V6 130k. Few days ago engine start shaking on idle, but it was not much and driving was almost normal. I realized I never did tune-up, so I asked my friend who is mechanic, to change spark plugs and spark plug wires. He used NGK G-Power Single Platinum; TR55GP; @ Gap .060 spark plugs and Autolite Professional Series Ignition Wire set. After that it was much worst than before and now driving is almost impossible. He checked sequence of the wires and they are in right positions on the distributor cap. Any ideas please?

Answer: It’s mis-firing. If your mechanic can’t fix it try another one. If it isn’t already I’ll bet your ‘check engine’ light is on or perhaps even flashing. Try going to a local parts store like an Auto Zone or similar type place and they can ‘read’ the codes it may have which will tell you which cylinder is misfiring. It’s very possible your friend just got the firing order mixed up as it can happen if your not careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment