Tuesday, August 28, 2012

"1994 Buick LeSabre Transmission Fluid Maintenance"

1994 Buick LeSabre

My 1994 Buick LeSabre will not move when I gas. The engine seems fine. It turns with ease. I finally move in first gear. My car is an automatic. I think I need to check the transmission oil, but I have no idea how to do that. Can someone please help?

Answer: You look at the pinion. Not to be confused with the engine oil dipstick! I have a friend who can show to you.
The engine must be running (in the park) on the ground. Pull wipe the dipstick. Replace the dipstick and pull it out again. Look at the end of the bar to see the fluid level. Must be between the two marks (small holes in the brands of test strips or diamond). Add 1 liter of liquid at a time until the level between the two marks. Ensuring the proper use of type of liquid. If not, you will ensure ruin the transmission.
Transmission fluid is the same tube that has used the dipstick. Surely you have a funnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment