Monday, August 13, 2012

"Garmin Nuvi 360 on 2009 Mitsubishi GTS: Nice Navigation System with Affordable Budget"

2009 Mitsubishi GTS Interior

Well, yesterday one of my friends ask me about the best navigation system he should put on his 2009 MItsubishi Lancer GTS. Actually he is a kind of poor little guy that frequently, emm.. I mean always getting lost in his way. So I think it’s natural if he needs help from smart navigation system. He also told me that it will be better if there is anything less than 700 dollars. Also, if the navigation system does not require a change of disks every year because of the change in streets.
So, I told him that I would like to run a Garmin 360 on his Mitsubishi GTS. I think Garmin is the best navigation system right now, although this series (Garmin 360) has not continued to be make. They have two lines – the older StreetPilot and the newer Nuvi. The Nuvi will do other stuff like play MP3 files but I didn’t really need that, so I got the StreetPilot but I think they have since been phased out (and I only bought mine this spring!). The Nuvis have come down in price.
Garmin has a nice system, I don’t have too many complaints. The only thing is to look for a model that speaks street names. Almost all will say “voice direction” but there are some low-end models (not sure about the Nuvis) that voice directions mean “Turn right in .1 mile”; you want to get one that at least says the street name, like “In .1 mile, turn left onto Prescott Street”.


Garmin Nuvi 360 Navigation System

I paid $350 or so for my car, and I think he can get them for under $300 now. I’m not sure spending a lot more gets him anything in terms of GPS, it just seems like there’s extra stuff like interrupting his cell phone on bluetooth, but if he don’t care for that, I told him to get the lowest one that speaks street names. The rest of the features don’t have much to do with GPS, just convenience of use if we need it. And I think it’s the best for his Mitsubishi GTS year 2009.
Do you have any better option on navigation system for his car? Please free to fill the comments box below.

No comments:

Post a Comment