Thursday, October 4, 2012

"Best Value Tires for 2001 Audi TT Quattro"

2001 Black Audi TT Quattro Front Left View

What is best value tires for my 2001 Audi TT Quattro? I want all weather? Is Dunlop better or Falken? What does AA rating mean. Is 94w better or 91w? Is Dunlop 22545ZR17 signature for $105.00 each good? How can I get the most out of the tires? Thanks so much. I need help.

Answer: Dunlops are a good tire,I wouldn’t buy the Falkens cause they are really cheap made tires, AA is a high grade of traction and the 91 or 94 is the load index. The w is the speed rating, higher the number the better, same goes with the speed rating, only problem with the AA rating is yes you will have high traction. But that means there is a trade off in the treadwear, meaning the higher the traction the less miles you will get from the tires, if you look, I bet they are 280 or 300 treadwear which is a low number and you will be lucky to get 30000 miles out of them. The only problem is with that size of a tire, is that you are limited pretty much to sport tires and they are all going to be about the same ratings. Hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment