Wednesday, January 11, 2012

"How To Stop Squealing Brakes on 1985 Mercedes-Benz 300D"

1985 Mercedes-Benz 300D Front View

I’ve been trying to find a solution to the squealing sound that my front brakes have been making for quite some time. What can I do (without buying new brakes or pads, I already know that option) to reduce the squealing that I can’t hardly stand? By the way, it is an 1985 Mercedes-Benz 300D series.
Answer: Auto parts stores sell brake pad silencer, which is a liquid silicone glue type stuff. A person is supposed to put it on the back of the pads during the pad replacement. If you are not mechanically inclines, you can take it to a repair shop, and have the brake silencer put on. Some cars have metal silencers that come with the pads, and these are usually factory replacement pads that you would buy at the dealership (i.e. Mercedes pads). The silicone would be cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment