Sunday, April 1, 2012

"How To Turned Off The ABS on 2000 BMW 328CI"

Silver 2000 BMW 328CI Front Angle View

I have a 2000 BMW 328CI and I am going to attend a Track Day event and I need to have my ABS turned off and I don’t know how to do.

Answer: Perhaps you are referring to the benefits that you can get from the ASC/DSC not working or meddling with the other controls like DME/EGS/ABS when you want to get peak performance but without the safety features of stability control.
If you are, then with the key on engine on, push the reset button of the ASC/DSC button on the center console. While the button’s indicator is lighted your car is free from the meddling of stability control (no driver-less braking, or engine power and transmission shifts).
But if it is really ABS that you want to disable, which I think is a crazy idea, and a very unsafe one which I will never recommend, others have removed the fuse and still others have disconnected the ABS control module connector.
If you purposely like to lock your brakes and slide into oblivion, that is how others have done it. Again, that is a very dangerous move and do it at your own risk. You can also hurt other people by doing so. This is one of the most stupid and dangerous ideas I have heard. I repeat that I am not recommending it.

No comments:

Post a Comment