Monday, July 30, 2012

"2002 Lexus ES300: Plastic Wheel Well Parts"

2002 Lexus ES300

I have a 2002 Lexus Es300 and on the passengers side I guess in the wheel well you’d call it there is a huge plastic piece that lines the inside of the well above the tire. This piece has fallen about 1 / 4 of the cracked and rubbed against the tire, which is the name of this piece? What is the cost of the repair? And I have to worry about tire failures, because I get about 30 miles home with this problem? Thanks

Answer: Stuff it back where it belongs, it has a specific place where it fits. If you jiggle it around a bit you will even be able to align the holes, auto zone has plastic pins that have taken the place of screws over the years, you can put in the holes. For me this would be a $3.99 fix. For your typical Lexus owner (no disrespect intended) the dealer will probably charge you two or three hundred dollars.
I wouldn’t drive even 10 miles without at least pushing it up and back into place, so it is off the tire.

No comments:

Post a Comment